I recently upgraded an app I was working on from v1.0.0-beta.13 to v1.0.0-beta.14.
beta 14 looks really good on paper but it affects alot of the functionality namely:
- Tabs (top positioned tabs) content styling is thrown off by about -88px
- If caching is enabled on views with list items, then the scrolling on the views is disabled when you navigate from it (the view) an then back to it again
- DSCacheFactory features stop working with the values in the cache being totally ignored.
- Slide to open on the side menu is really jerky and jittery (not cool at all)
These are the main issues that I found. Hope the Ionic team (@mhartington and friends) can sort this out.
I since downgraded my project to beta-13 using the command:
ionic lib update -v 1.0.0-beta.13
I hope this helps someone else.
I agree with you, and have also reverted to 1.0.0-beta.13.
In my case, what I found out what:
- even with Crosswalk 9, image slider performance decreased
- had a big problem with (I guess) caching, which would not load Google Maps and freeze my app entirely when viewing the same view.
- Icons colors have changed? Mines are white over a dark color, but now they’ve become dark also.
- also agree with the side menu slide decreased performance (using crosswalk 9).
- page transitions have decreased performance (using crosswalk 9)
Reverting to the beta.13 solved the issues.
I’m sure they’ll clean it up - after all, no one is doing this better than them!
Keep up the good work, Ionic team!
- Tabs being positioned on top is following the android design patter. You can configure this with
2, 3, 4) Please provide a codepen of this.
As far as the side-menu issues, we’ve tested beta 14 for about a month before its release and no one mentioned any jankiness, nor did we see any.
for tabs issue check this codepan
i can say that i also needed to change(improve) my code to fit beta 14
but its worth it.