v1.0.0-beta.14 “magnesium-mongoose” Bugs found

I recently upgraded an app I was working on from v1.0.0-beta.13 to v1.0.0-beta.14.

beta 14 looks really good on paper but it affects alot of the functionality namely:

1. Tabs (top positioned tabs) content styling is thrown off by about -88px
  2. If caching is enabled on views with list items, then the scrolling on the views is disabled when you navigate from it (the view) an then back to it again
  3. DSCacheFactory features stop working with the values in the cache being totally ignored.
  4. Slide to open on the side menu is really jerky and jittery (not cool at all)

These are the main issues that I found. Hope the Ionic team (@mhartington and friends) can sort this out.

I since downgraded my project to beta-13 using the command:

ionic lib update -v 1.0.0-beta.13

I hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

I agree with you, and have also reverted to 1.0.0-beta.13.

Thank @munyanyika.

In my case, what I found out what:

• even with Crosswalk 9, image slider performance decreased
  • had a big problem with (I guess) caching, which would not load Google Maps and freeze my app entirely when viewing the same view.
  • Icons colors have changed? Mines are white over a dark color, but now they’ve become dark also.
  • also agree with the side menu slide decreased performance (using crosswalk 9).
  • page transitions have decreased performance (using crosswalk 9)

Reverting to the beta.13 solved the issues.

I’m sure they’ll clean it up - after all, no one is doing this better than them!
Keep up the good work, Ionic team!

So…

1. Tabs being positioned on top is following the android design patter. You can configure this with $ionicConfigProvider
    2, 3, 4) Please provide a codepen of this.

As far as the side-menu issues, we’ve tested beta 14 for about a month before its release and no one mentioned any jankiness, nor did we see any.

2 Likes

for tabs issue check this codepan

i can say that i also needed to change(improve) my code to fit beta 14
but its worth it. :smile: