Updating Ionic app

I’ve got an Ionic app I started early last week and would like to apply the latest update to it. I downloaded the zip. Do I just need to copy css, fonts, and js to projectroot/www/lib/ionic?

Hey @raymondcamden, yes that would be a way to update ionic.

Another way you could do it is with the CLI. If you project was created by our CLI and has bower, you can run ionic lib update to get the latest version of ionic.

Note that this requires you have the latest CLI version, 1.1.5

Slick - nice to know.

Yeah its a new feature, we’re also working on a packaging system so we can do our own build. You should help test it out :wink:

Heh, still learning. In fact - see my next post I’ll be writing in about 2 seconds. :wink:

Hi Mike

How to you update via ionic cli to a particular version or to the latest nightly also.

I understand it is ionic lib update -v xxxxxx - but trying to figure out what is expected as version (also what to put for latest nightly). It loks for zip files in github/driftyco/ionic-bower/archive but I can’t list what is in that dir.

Thanks
Darren

@darrenahunter you can edit your bower file to use what ever version of ionic you wish.

{
  "name": "lists",
  "private": "true",
  "devDependencies": {
    "ionic": "driftyco/ionic-bower#1.0.0-beta.7"
  }
} 

Its still failed because after changed like above still same update to ionic-bower#1.0.0-rc.4 not to ionic-bower#1.0.0-rc.5

Please fix it with soon