Uncaught ReferenceError: process is not defined

Hi,

we are using redux in our app. I am trying to migrate from beta11 to rc0. Problem is that in redux is sometring like this:

if (process.env.NODE_ENV !== ‘production’ && typeof isCrushed.name === ‘string’ && isCrushed.name !== ‘isCrushed’) {
warning('You are currently using minified code outside of NODE_ENV === ‘production’. '…
}

but process not defined in browser. ionic serve command builds everything successfully.

Any help please?

Hi,
I had the same error. Did you find any solution?

Yes, I created process object with specified properties in index.html as workaround.

It worked fine,
Thank you,

I’m having the same problem but I don’t understand what you did. You changed /src/index.html and added a script to it? What did you put in it?

I created there global object. Something like this:

process = { env: { NODE_ENV: ‘development’} };

Thanks!

I did this and it was working with ionic serve:

<script>
  var process = {env : {NODE_ENV: 'production'}}
</script>

Are you guys able to build on device? I’m trying to build for android but failing too. Not working :confused:

yes, we are building and running app on device without any problem. What exactly is your problem with build?

I’ve created from the new starter project so the html script is no longer required. It has an updated version of @ionic/app-scripts”

But I’m still not able to build for device. ionic serve works fine.
I’ve tried to reproduce the error from a minimum starter tab template with redux and redux-thunk.

This is the error output I’m getting with npm run build

[19:25:46] ngc: Error: Error encountered resolving symbol values statically. Calling function ‘createStore’, function calls are not supported. Consider replacing the function or lambda with a reference to an exported function, resolving symbol AppModule in c:/Ionic/ionic-redux-test/.tmp/app/app.module.ts, resolving symbol AppModule in c:/Ionic/ionic-redux-test/.tmp/app/app.module.ts
at simplifyInContext (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\static_reflector.js:469:23)
at StaticReflector.simplify (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\static_reflector.js:472:22)
at StaticReflector.annotations (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\static_reflector.js:61:36)
at _loop_1 (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\codegen.js:53:54)
at CodeGenerator.readFileMetadata (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\codegen.js:66:13)
at c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\codegen.js:100:74
at Array.map (native)
at CodeGenerator.codegen (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\codegen.js:100:35)
at codegen (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\compiler-cli\src\main.js:7:81)
at Object.main (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@angular\tsc-wrapped\src\main.js:30:16)

[19:25:46] ngc: Compilation failed

[19:25:46] ngc failed: NGC encountered an error
[19:25:46] Error: NGC encountered an error
at ChildProcess. (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules@ionic\app-scripts\dist\ngc.js:62:24)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
at ChildProcess.cp.emit (c:\Ionic\ionic-redux-test\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:40:29)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:821:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)
Error running ionic app script “build”: Error: NGC encountered an error

These are the changes I’m doing in app.module.ts, just before @NgModule. Are you doing the same thing?

//Redux - ReduxThunk - rootReducer
import { createStore, applyMiddleware } from 'redux';
import ReduxThunk  from 'redux-thunk';
import rootReducer from '../modules/rootReducer';

const appStore = createStore(
    rootReducer,
    applyMiddleware(ReduxThunk)
);

And adding this in the providers array:

providers: [
    { provide: 'AppStore', useValue: appStore }
]

How are you guys creating the store on your side?

let store = createStore(rootReducer, applyMiddleware(<any>ReduxThunk));

@Injectable()
export class MyAppStore extends ReduxStore {
  constructor() {
    super(store);
  }
}

providers: [MyAppStore],

I tried to create the store in an independent provider and then declaring it in the provider array in app.module.ts but was getting a reference error. There were some circular dependency between action creators calling the providers.

I was able to solve the problem today with this answer on stackoverflow. I’ve been stuck on it for over a week.

These are the changes, I made:

export function appStore() {
  return createStore(
    rootReducer,
    applyMiddleware(ReduxThunk)
  );
}

And adding this in the providers array:

providers: [
    { provide: 'AppStore', useFactory: appStore }
  ]