The popup issue when imported jquery

When I imported jquery, the popup ‘cancel’ button no longer work. The version is beta1

I also have the same issue.

Hakan

what version of jquery are you using? I had some issue when I tried to use the latest version, 2.0.0 or something like that. I had to downgrade to 1.9.1

@mhartington we are using, 1.11.0… I’m not sure why we use this version in particular, though. I will try to downgrade to 1.9.1 and see if that resolves the bug.

@mhartington The jquery version you can find in the codepan address.

It is:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>

@Lagoonwish ah didn’t see that, thought you were just importing the latest version via code pens js panel.

What popup are you using? Is it the one asking for the Wifi Password?

@mhartington The cancel button of Confirm, Prompt, and Password Prompt both not work. Thanks for your response. And, the browser is chrome.

Hey @Lagoonwish sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I did some digging and couldn’t find out exactly why there was this conflict. I’m going to open an issue for and see what any of the devs have to say.

That being said, do you have to use jquery? Just an honest question, since Ionic is targeting more modern platforms (iOS 6+ and Android 4+) you might not need jquery to handle browser inconsistencies. Plus Angular already provides a light implementation of Jquery in its API. Just some food for thought…

http://youmightnotneedjquery.com

Issue opened

Hey, @mhartington, I really don’t want to use jQuery in my ionic app, but I need a datePicker which dependence on jQuery. I’m just wondering does ionic will make an datePicker component self in the future? You know that the datePicker in iOS and Android both not meet the needs of developers.

It’s date picker in “angular way”

@Lagoonwish if you need a date picker without jquery, check out the one that @ShinyArmor suggested or this one,

The guy who made it posted it to the forum here.

But as far as any issue with jquery being included, @andy made a commit to fix this. Let me know if this works for you.