The application starts more than 9 seconds

Hey,
I have a problem with the application.
I installed the current clean application through the “ionic start myApp blank --v2” then added platform “ionic platforms add android” ran the app on my device “ionic run android --release --device” to my surprise, the application starts about 9 seconds . It is possible to speed up the loading app? other applications on my phone starts up in less than 3 seconds

Not sure if --release does the same as --prod, but try that. What’s your console output?

I think

–prod = optimize and shrink javascript size
–release = tell cordova to use my certificates to sign my apk, because I could only upload signed apk to the play store

so yep, for development with a faster build time, try to run “ionic run android --prod”, but if you rather care about build time than boot time “ionic run android”…I mean I guess :wink:

About boot time, just started this post today:

1 Like

i am following the the same syntax using --prod my app is starting after 10sec,which is unacceptable.
Please help me.my App size is just 8.8MB after compression,but the boot time is 10 sec and varies some times.
my ionic info is

Cordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.3
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.0
Ionic App Scripts Version: 1.1.4
ios-deploy version: 1.9.1
ios-sim version: 5.0.13
Node Version: v7.4.0
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2 Build version 8C23

I have updated with latest ionic3 but got some errors, i am running out of time as my App is already in store.I need to update to 2.2.1. but no luck.Please help

Try

1. removing the android platform and adding it again, ionic platform remove android
  2. delete the node_modules and run npm install

the above has worked for me
then run prod build with $ ionic build android --prod

tried
npm run build —aot

ionic build android --prod --release

ionic run android --prod
just now, worked for me to boot in 5sec from 13sec. i need to test :slight_smile:

i was not success in decreasing the app loading time now from 5sec to further less.Help me out.

Further, use module structure for Angular2 modules instead of a single app module, this way modules will be lazy loaded later point of time. one good repo I have found is https://github.com/JumBay/ionic2-modules-structure.
modularizing will help reduce the initial loading time.

ok but without page name how will it work? i want to redirect every page after login to home page when pres back button… and if not logged in than to login page… how to achieve that in nack button register