Tabs, side menu & intro/login page

Hi, I started with Ionic this morning and I’m blown away with how much I could get done from a cold start; very impressive stuff.

So, I have a skeleton app built that mostly works as I want: some tabs and a side menu but the transition from my login/initialisation page to the app proper is buggy. It was fine before I added the login page but I’m struggling with the nested views when I introduce this extra layer.

Here’s a codepen showing my basic set-up, as you can see I’m not really understanding where the tabs and side menu should be sitting and how this ties in with the state definitions: http://codepen.io/bealers/pen/tbvFn

On my app if I login then F5, the view reloads correctly and I have my tabs & side menu.

Is what I want to do even possible?

I referred to the Sign-in then tabs demo first but I can’t quite get my head around how to nest the tab & side menu views.

Your state definitions were off a bit and you forgot to wrap each template with an ion-view.

I have updated the demo here.

HI,

thanks very much for the reply.

Does this work for you? I see the login form replaced with the tabs, but no side menu.

Yup, the sidemenu works for me.

Ok, so we’re seeing the same thing. It nearly works, but the top bar isn’t correctly updating, it stays at ‘sign in’ and the side menu ion-ios7-more button isn’t showing.

I’ll see if I can figure out why, thanks.