Tab bar Maximum call stack size exceeded

i follow:

but when i try to add tab bar in my application, he shows me a “Maximum call stack size exceeded”

I did just that:

<ion-content class="home">
    <ion-tabs tabbarPlacement="top">
      <ion-tab tabTitle="Dash"></ion-tab>
    </ion-tabs>
  </ion-content>

Does anyone know what can it be?
Thx!

Ion-tabs should go outside ion-content. See http://ionicframework.com/docs/v2/components/#tabs

@bea i tried that too. But the error continues. I will have to import something?

Have you import this?

import {Tabs} from 'ionic-angular';

Could you share a more detailed example?
I’ve tested a tabs based app and have not been able to see this issue.

ionic start temp tabs --v2 --ts
cd temp
1 Like

I’ve run into the same issue. I have an <ion-tabs> in my @App template and it works fine, but when I try to add a tab bar to a @Page, I get the error. Copying the working tabs from the app or just adding a simple <ion-tabs><ion-tab></ion-tab></ion-tabs> to a page’s template causes the error. (Adding just an <ion-tabs></ion-tabs> with no tab doesn’t error in the console but causes the whole page to return empty.)

What I’m trying to do is have a tab bar on a page under a page header. It isn’t a global tab bar, but rather one that is only for this specific page.

The layout I’m trying to accomplish seems to be possible if I use the <ion-segment> object instead of <ion-tabs>

2 Likes

Error happens to me when i don’t add the [root] attribute

• ok : <ion-tab *ngFor="let tab of tabs" [root]="tab.page"></ion-tab>
  • error : <ion-tab *ngFor="let tab of tabs"></ion-tab>

if it can help someone…

1 Like

Which is unfortunate since the documentation cleary states that it is possible to omit the root binding and use an onSelect function instead. And this throws the same recursion error.

<ion-tabs preloadTabs="false">
    <ion-tab tabIcon="document" tabTitle="Einzelaufträge" (ionSelect)="filterWorkorders(1)"></ion-tab>
    <ion-tab tabIcon="time" tabTitle="Fixtermine" (ionSelect)="filterWorkorders(0)"></ion-tab>
    <ion-tab tabIcon="folder" tabTitle="Sammelaufträge" (ionSelect)="filterWorkorders(3)"></ion-tab>
    <ion-tab tabIcon="checkmark-circle" tabTitle="Abgeschlossen" (ionSelect)="filterWorkorders(2)"></ion-tab>
</ion-tabs>

I am on Angular 2 rc.4 and ionic-angular 2 beta10 (beta11 has other grave issues).