Struggling to find working examples of the new ion-slides

Most posts online focus on the ion-slide-box.
But looking at the docs, they say ion-slide-box is going to be depricated.
However, there is VERY limited documentation out there. First of all, the main docs don’t even show the docs page for ion-slides. Notice the “s” the ion-slide doc page is not the same thing.

TL;DR: I am hoping that someone can point me in the direction of some working examples of the new ion-slides.

I finally found it via the nightly docs, and then switched the dropdown to ‘1.2.1 latest’ and arrived at this page: http://ionicframework.com/docs/api/directive/ionSlides/

But I need working examples, as I am struggling to get it to work. First of all, I found that you need a wrapper container with a fixed height to even let it show.
Then I am still having issues showing the left/right buttons, but I threw the code in from the iDangerous website even though they are divs and all the ionic slider stuff has ‘ion’ tags. But it seemed to work.

This was using the option setting effect: fade, but then everything bunched up on top of each other. I changed it to ‘slide’ but now the arrows dissapeared. Some further tweaking got it to the first image, but not on the subsequent.

Issue I am having now is that I am generating the slides via ng-repeat, and for some reason all the images are the same. There is a brief flash of the correct image on page load, but after that, it just shows all the same image.

I can’t put a codepen/JSBin up right now as its all a bit too baked in and ill need to setup a basic ionic/angular app to even house it in. All a bit too much right now given my timelines.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the direction of some working examples of the new ion-slides.