SQLite on Android 4.4.4 KitKat

Apologies if this has been noted before, but I cant get this code to work on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, hoping that someone else has seen this before…

In my main page (activities.ts) I have a button that calls the following:

public addActivity() {
let modal = this.modalCtrl.create(ActivityNew,{},{enableBackdropDismiss: false});
modal.onDidDismiss((data) => {
this.createActivity(data);
});
modal.present();
}

Which opens a modal (ActivityNew) to collect input from the user. On dismiss, this info is sent back to the main page, where it runs createActivity in the modal’s onDidDismiss:

public createActivity(data) {
this.database.createActivity(data.title, data.info).then((result) => {
this.loadActivities();
}, (error) => {
this.showAlert(“Create ERROR” + error);
});
}

And in my provider (database.ts) I have:
public createActivity(title: string, info: string) {
return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
this.storage.executeSql(“INSERT INTO activities (title, info) VALUES (?, ?)”, [title, info]).then((data) => {
resolve(data);
}, (error) => {
reject(error);
});
});
}

Tested the above on an iPad second gen, and newer Android handsets, and all works well… BUT on Android 4.4.4 the createActivity function fails with the “Create ERROR” alert, every time, and no data gets added.

Is there something different about the way that 4.4.4 accesses SQLLite databases maybe? Maybe there is some change that I should make to my code to allow for it? Many thanks for any insights into this.

One thing to make sure of is that you’re not trying to access SQLite before the platform is ready.