const user = await GoogleAuth.signIn();
    if (user) {
      console.log('user', user);
    } else{
      console.log('no user');
    }
  }
}

Works fine on ios but on android I was getting an error of googleauth.init() is not implemented on android ionic So I commented out the GoogleAuth.init() part and now I’m getting an error of Something went wrong. Very insightful error message I must say.

P.S I’m new to ionic so I don’t really know what other files you might need to help me out so let me know if there’s anything else I should’ve included.

I don’t know about that specific plugin you’re using, but why don’t you try Firebase Auth? It also has others providers for authentication like Facebook and Apple.

That was what I was trying to use initially actually. After some research I started thinking that firebase auth won’t be enough since I’m using iOS and android. Do you have an example of firebase auth implementation for my case ?

But Firebase Authentication works both on Android and iOS (and web, c++ and now Unity).
I use Angular Fire. I do have implemented firebase Auth using Google and anonymous auth, but I’m away from my computer now. I’ll post it here as soon as I can.

I’d be great if that works for me as well. I’ve spent the past 2 days just trying to make auth work and constantly getting errors.