body        {
    background: url("../images/bg.jpg") no-repeat 100% 100%;
    background-attachment:fixed;
    background-position: center;
}

.pane, .menu, .view, .list, .item       {
    background: transparent;
}

i am getting issue like below.if I remove above code menu will work properly as it should work

if I try to remove or replace backgroung color property with backgroung image then also i am getting same issue.

.pane,
.view {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  right: 0;
  bottom: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  background-color: $base-background-color;//tried removing this line or tried replace with background-image property
  overflow: hidden;
}

Thanks

bro your side menu is messed up … if you want to add background than just add css class to ion-content tag of the page

I need bg for full app including tab bg
Thanks for your help

see this plunker https://plnkr.co/edit/EHTghmk0RgiQ7QCIDC9G?p=preview. i have made changes to bg color but your side menu and tab view is messed up. tab view should be inside the sidemenu

Hi Harshit

your code have same issue as i have , Can you please give me working example?

if I remove inline css(for set background) from index page, menu is working fine.

issue seems in background-color vs background-image in below css.

.pane,
.view {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  right: 0;
  bottom: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  background-color: $base-background-color;//tried removing this line or tried replace with background-image property
  overflow: hidden;
}

hey go to this link https://oneswiggy.herokuapp.com/#/menu/restaurant/overview and go to f12 developer tools, elements inside that select ionic-side-menu-content and change the backgroundcolor from .pane .view class. It is working all right

background-color is not the issue, i need to put background image

issue starts when you just change background-color to background-image

hey go to same link and select ionic-side-menu-content tag and set the background-image from .pane .view class. It is working all right have a look on this