Running Ionic 3 App in iPhone X Simulator... (UI issues!)

Alright so I just updated to Xcode 9 and started messing around with the iPhone X simulator and the good news is that my app functions as expected and I don’t have any broken plugins or anything like that.

The bad news… Well:

Are any of you all doing anything to prep for iPhone X launch in 6 weeks or is that too far out to worry about? Issues that I see are as follows:

• Bars on left and right of screen (and small padding area at bottom) are unrelated to notch cutout and obviously being a different color than the page background color is an issue

• Statusbar plugin is being drawn as blank white space at the top of the screen?

Please let me know if there are any solutions or if I should just be patient and wait for a new ionic version!

There was a recent thread that talked about the iPhone X and UI issues. Not sure if it solves all your issues, but you can read it here:

1 Like

Nice - thanks for the link! It seems like they had a good discussion and Sujan mentioned that both ionic and Cordova teams are looking into things, which is good news.

Based on supply chain reports, iPhone 10 will likely be quite constrained through end of the year, so there’s ample time to work on fixes.

I try to run command 'cordova build ios --buildConfig ’ to build ios under xcode9 & ios11 and get fail message:

Touch build/device/MyApp.app.dSYM
    cd /Users/jiangyb/Documents/ts_workspace/myapp/platforms/ios
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Users/jiangyb/bin:/Users/jiangyb/Documents/golang_workspace/go/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/go/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands:/Users/jiangyb/.yarn/bin:/usr/local/Cellar/gradle/3.5/libexec/bin:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home/bin:/usr/local/go/bin:/usr/local/Cellar/ant/1.9.7/libexec/bin:/usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.5.0/bin:/usr/local/share/android-sdk/tools:/usr/local/share/android-sdk/platform-tools:/var/root/.cargo/bin:/Users/jiangyb/bin"
    /usr/bin/touch -c /Users/jiangyb/Documents/ts_workspace/myapp/platforms/ios/build/device/MyApp.app.dSYM

** ARCHIVE SUCCEEDED **

2017-09-21 10:07:35.184 xcodebuild[57777:10548688] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path '/var/folders/p4/flc_ppz12bb33pb3tk4bcyg00000gn/T/MyApp_2017-09-21_10-07-35.184.xcdistributionlogs'.
2017-09-21 10:07:35.265 xcodebuild[57777:10548688] [MT] IDEDistribution: Step failed: <IDEDistributionSigningAssetsStep: 0x7fdd2bc50600>: Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=0 "Locating signing assets failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Locating signing assets failed., IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepUnderlyingErrors=(
    "Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=9 \"\"MyApp.app\" requires a provisioning profile.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=\"MyApp.app\" requires a provisioning profile., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Add a profile to the \"provisioningProfiles\" dictionary in your Export Options property list.}"
)}
error: exportArchive: "MyApp.app" requires a provisioning profile.

Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=9 ""MyApp.app" requires a provisioning profile." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription="MyApp.app" requires a provisioning profile., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Add a profile to the "provisioningProfiles" dictionary in your Export Options property list.}

** EXPORT FAILED **

Error: Error code 70 for command: xcodebuild with args: -exportArchive,-archivePath,MyApp.xcarchive,-exportOptionsPlist,/Users/jiangyb/Documents/ts_workspace/myapp/platforms/ios/exportOptions.plist,-exportPath,/Users/jiangyb/Documents/ts_workspace/myapp/platforms/ios/build/device

Do you know what is this problem?

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppStoreDistributionTutorial/CreatingYourTeamProvisioningProfile/CreatingYourTeamProvisioningProfile.html

A question unrelated to the main subject of this post should be a new post in the future. Thanks!