Run webView with https

Thanks for the response. I have also found that this works.

The limitation the capacitor / native version seems to have vs the web version of Apple pay is that it requires a merchant id which is not a great solution in my case as I have hundreds of connected Stripe accounts and would need a merchant id for each one.

I will try to see if I can find a way around this.

What do you mean hundreds of stripe accounts? Anyway if you need to change the merchant you could assign the value to a variable and, depending on which account you need, assign the value to that variable.

What type of app are you working on?

Its a SaaS platform for organizations and each one has a Stripe Connect account connected the the platform (my app/SaaS) Stripe account. Not an online marketplace but similar.
Imagine Amazon having to register a merchant id for each supplier on the platform.

Yes I could do that with a variable but its more about the manual process of having to set up a merchant id for each customer. I believe I would have to release a new version of the app with each new merchant id.

The web version of Stripe Apple pay works without the merchant id.

There may be some way to solve the issue. I have not invested a lot of time into it yet. I will be looking at it in a couple of months.

1 Like