Requires a provisioning profile with the Push Notifications feature

Hi forum,

I have an issue building my ionic app on iOS.
If I run the release build command, the archive succeeds but the export fails with this error:

error: exportArchive: “TeaZe.app” requires a provisioning profile with the Push Notifications feature.

Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=9 ““TeaZe.app” requires a provisioning profile with the Push Notifications feature.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=“TeaZe.app” requires a provisioning profile with the Push Notifications feature., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Add a profile to the “provisioningProfiles” dictionary in your Export Options property list.}

** EXPORT FAILED **

The provisioning profile definitely has the push notification service:

The capability is enabled in xcode:

I can still build the app in xcode with no errors but I find push notifications are not working anymore!

My build environment:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.20.0
ionic1 1.3.3
ios 4.5.3
XCode 9.3

It looks like some file is being misconfigured for cordova but I have not idea what to do.
I deleted all my certs/profiles and re-created, updated xcode and cordova-ios to the latest.
Also tried downgrading xcode but was not compatible with my iphone so it was not worth it.

Anyone come across this? Its pretty frustrating!

Thanks,
Noel

2 Likes

I’m still getting this error on CLI but I got notifications working again. I recretaed my cert, auth key and provisioning profile, deleted and setup everything again in FCM. I just do a ionic cordova prepare and build the app in xcode.

I’m pretty sure the problem is current version of cordova-ios is not updating something!

I’m really tired of those unexpected and non-deterministic errors of hybrid app development, and I’m not surprised anymore seeing a problem is being fixed magically when you restart your computer, remove the ios platform and then re-add the ios platform. Really sad of losing countless valuable hours trying to solve silly issues that occur randomly.

P.S. Nothing is random or non-deterministic in programming, everything has a reason but they’re also random from the aspect of a programmer who expects things to just work.

5 Likes

Ahh gardaşım benim sorma.

1 Like

Thank you gardaşım. You relieved me of my suffering :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the same issue. Do you solved this ? If is positive, could you put the solution here ?

Thans in advance

Hi, did anyone managed to solve this this? im facing the same issue

I’m also getting this… anybody can shed a light on this issue?

Hello, I’v the same issue. Did you find the solution ? Thx