Reloading states not working in ui-router? $state.reload

I need to refresh/reload the ui router states so that it’s not navigating back to old data. Can’t get this working.

$state.reload
$state.go
$state.transitionTo

I’m calling these inside the controller.

See this post about going back.

This about clearing histories:

I’m getting an error:Error: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating '$ionicViewService.clearHistory')

The code is pretty much identical to the codepen. Except I’m using version 0.9.27 and not nightly.

.controller('myCtrl', function($scope, $stateParams, $ionicModal, $rootScope, $ionicViewService) {
    console.log($rootScope.$viewHistory.histories); //logs fine
    $ionicViewService.clearHistory(); //error
})

Is there something additional I’m missing to include? Dependancy, file?

That translates to I’m using exactly the same code but completely different
The nightly is heavily changed since 0.9.27

So $ionicViewService.clearHistory(); is only available in a future release and not available in the current release?

Ok, what can I use instead?

Actually, it works fine in 0.9.27. Navigate in the sample. Then come back to the home page. Click “Show History”. Then, click “Clear History”. You’ll see the difference.

$ionicViewService keep coming back as undefined and I cant figure out why. As mentioned in my previous post, am I missing an include somewhere? Do I need to declare a dependancy or additional file? Simply the variable $ionicViewService is undefined. (as there is nothing available, it’s empty, not defined).

So by code example please see my previous post also.

I can log or print $rootScope.$viewHistory.histories and it displays the object containing the various viewId’s and state names.

Is $ionicViewService only available when using tabbed pages? Is there an alternative to clearing the ui-state history?

Try this:

$state.go($state.current, {}, {reload: true});

Saw it in an SO post.

In addition to what @peterrobot mentioned, set the cache:false in the state provider.

as I use this solution the view gets reloaded but the side menu and header gets disappeared!