Prevent scrolling while swiping on ion-item

Hello,

currently, if you are swiping to the left on an ion-item with an ion-option-button given, the list scrolls vertically. This behaviour is really annoying when trying to show the ion-option-button and reduces the usability. You can see this happening here -> http://ionicframework.com/docs/api/directive/ionList/

Is there a way to prevent scrolling the content/list while the user swipes on an ion-item?

Regards,

Bernd

I’m seeing the same issue, I filed a bug on GitHub to track:

I’m also seeing this issue.

Like to know if anyone has ideas or work arounds. Perhaps a broadcast to the scroller when ever its swiping, but not sure where exactly look.

Thanks.

+1 Same issue.

There’s several annoying issues with parent containers scrolling/swiping when you only want the child to scroll/swipe. For example, I have no idea how you could do nested ion-slidebox’s, but it would be a very nice feature to have. As it is now, swiping a child slidebox will cause both the inner and outer slides to move.

Neil,

I Have created a nice directive that allows for left and right slide items in addition to the primary one. I have been wanted to share this with IONIC team for some time now. But I think I need a bit of polishing to do and will be glad to share it.

Thanks.

efranco,

That sounds great, I’d be very interested in seeing that! It’s something I’ve been wanting to implement for a while now but wasn’t really sure where to start.

I’ve put in a fix, please give the nightly build a test, thanks.

I’ve tested on iOS 8 and it works like a charm! :blush: