Please i cant install ionic cordova on my system

npm install -g cordova ionic
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher               to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated cross-spawn-async@2.1.9: cross-spawn no longer requires a bu              ild toolchain, use it instead!
npm WARN deprecated lodash@2.1.0: lodash@<3.0.0 is no longer maintained. Upgrade               to lodash@^4.0.0.
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher               to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher               to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated lodash@1.0.2: lodash@<3.0.0 is no longer maintained. Upgrade               to lodash@^4.0.0.
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: graceful-fs v3.0.0 and before will fail o              n node releases >= v7.0. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible              . Use 'npm ls graceful-fs' to find it in the tree.
C:\c\Users\Adebowale\.npm-packages
`-- cordova@6.3.1

npm WARN In ionic@2.0.0 replacing bundled version of semver with semver@4.2.0
npm WARN In ionic@2.0.0 replacing bundled version of ionic-app-lib with ionic-ap              p-lib@2.0.0
npm ERR! Windows_NT 6.1.7600
npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\c\\Users\\Adebowale\\.n              pm-packages\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install" "-g" "cordova" "ionic              "
npm ERR! node v6.5.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.6
npm ERR! path C:\c\Users\Adebowale\.npm-packages\node_modules\.staging\ansi-022f              9ca4
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! syscall rename

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\c\Users\Adebowale\              .npm-packages\node_modules\.staging\ansi-022f9ca4' -> 'C:\c\Users\Adebowale\.npm              -packages\node_modules\ionic\node_modules\cordova-lib\node_modules\ansi'
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\c\Users\Adebowale\              .npm-packages\node_modules\.staging\ansi-022f9ca4' -> 'C:\c\Users\Adebowale\.npm              -packages\node_modules\ionic\node_modules\cordova-lib\node_modules\ansi'
npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

This is the error code i keep gettingā€¦please can anyone help meā€¦i donā€™t understand at all.
Its a windows 7 os.

The error might be caused by wrong paths (e.g. "C:\c\Users\..." looks strange) or permission issues. Since youā€™re using Windows I would recommend you to run the Node.js command prompt as Administrator and to check if the NODE_PATH system variable is configured properly. Check out the linked topic for details:

I just tried running node command prompt as admin and i still got the same error messageā€¦but how do you think i can resolve the wrong path?

Make sure that the NODE_PATH system environment variable exists and that itā€™s configured properly. If this doesnā€™t help, you might need to reinstall node.js and npm (BTW Node.js 6 is not officially supported yet, therefore I would recommend you to use Node.js 5.12.0). Check out the following resources for details:

1 Like

This really helped, i uninstalled node and reinstalled an older version, that worked!!!..Thanks!

Ok, great, Iā€™m glad you managed to get it working.