Please help test: Angular 1.3, improved transitions, cached views, etc

Quote the problem with slide-box, seems that it get’s an all own height, breaking everything else on the page.

Sorry, I did not get you.

@adam

Attaching codepens for the two cases of my Question #2

This is for the case in which the back button doesn’t show up:

This is for the case in which the back button is there, but don’t actually GO back:

OK So I didn’t read the changes in how the next()/previous() function now operate so that’s not an issue.

I’ve raised a PR for the enableSlide(false) method not working. https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/pull/2547

Loving this, super fluid animations!

Found one bug, hide-nav-bar=“true” does not seem to work, the nav stays regardless.

We are already running on Angular 1.3. I can take a look if I can reproduce it in codepen.

@karlpi thanks for creating the codepen and describing the issue. I just committed a fix and once the CDN updates in a few minutes you should see the changes. Thanks!

@hain Yes there is a cache-view="false" attribute you can set on ion-view:
http://ionicframework.com/docs/nightly/api/directive/ionView/

Also, in all of our tests the memory is much lower and doesn’t have a memory leak issue. Is it consuming 35MB more after you navigate around and cache many views? Ionic is also prefetching templates, so that may be taking up space too. You might want to take a look at templates.maxPrefetch(value) if its too much.

@adam I am able to reproduce the sub-header issue.
Adding a ion-header-bar class="bar-subheader" makes the main nav-bar dissappear!

Great work with performance, it’s a lot better !

But I got an annoying issue due to cache.

I use in my app Firebase and I love to switch between my different users to make tests.

At login I resolve a user in my abstract state (it allows me to be sure I got all user infos when he is logged in)

With this new version, my abstract controller is called only 1 time

Case 1 :

1. User1 log in
  2. In my controller I log the current user : User1
  3. I log off my User1

Case2:

1. User2 log in
  2. my controller is never called due to cache (but in my service it’s user2 who is logged in)
  3. So in my app current user is User1 or undefined (if I destroy current user scope)

I tried using this :

$ionicConfigProvider.templates.maxPrefetch(0);

But same issue, only switching back to 1.0.0-beta13 works.

How to force Ionic not caching my abstract controller? If anyone has a temporary solution
:smiley:

Seems to fix it in my app to, thanks!

For the navigation issues reported yesterday, today’s version seem to fix them.

Thank you for this!

Still facing issues when trying to update the ion-view title so I created a new codepen to demonstrate it:
variables not refreshed in ion-view title codepen

To see the issue, please do:

• Open the menu, select check-in page
  • You will see the moo variable displayed in 2 places, in the title + in the content
  • Press the Update Moo button: variable changes in the content, not in the title
  • Press attendee button and come back: title is updated accordingly

So it acts like the title is using one-time binding.

I have similar problems for binding a variable for this kind of params to my ion-view

hide-back-button="someVar" hide-nav-bar="someVar"

My variables are updated a few milliseconds later after the controller initialized itself so it always takes the default value and they are never updated.

I was using this exactly this way (apart that title is now view-title) with beta13 so I suppose it should be allowed :smile:

Thanks!

When using the current nightly version my nav-bar disappeared. I’m using separate nav-bars for each view without a “general nav-bar”.

I’m having the same problem updating view-title with variables within the slide-box as well.

1 Like

+1

In addition to not working as a variable, the setTitle and changeTitle methods dont seem to work either…
When I do something like…
$ionicNavBarDelegate.$getByHandle('navBar').setTitle("test");

I get the error…
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined

The slidebox index not being zero based anymore is very annoying. Is this a bug or are there plans to fix this?

I’ve already logged a bug about this…

1 Like

@ferretizer Thanks for pointing that out and creating a codepen! I updated the code and tests so it’s observing for attribute changes now (but only observing changes when it is the active view). Build #719

@Vargash as of build 722, setting the transition config should work now.

angular.module('myApp', ['ionic']).config(function($ionicConfigProvider){
    $ionicConfigProvider.views.transition('android');
    $ionicConfigProvider.navBar.transition('android');
});

Please let me know if you find anything else. Thank you for taking the time to help test and describing issues in detail, thanks!

@travisdahl I’ve updated the breaking changes section to include the removal of setTitle(). You should now use title(value) to set the title, and title() to get the title.

1 Like