Phonegap Puhs Plugin , on iOS

Hi,

I have an app using https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-push with Firebase Cloude Messaging, which works perfect with Android, how ever i cannot get it working on iOS.
I have the following issues:

1. It return APNs on registration.
    Which i solved by following this documentation to Convert APNs to FCM Token
  2. The FCM sends the notification out as it comes back successful, but the device never receives it.

I created the Development Certificate, Push Certificates(Development and Production) and APNs Authentication Key.
Same way as can be found on this link.
The app compiles fine without issues, receives the APNs tokens and has permissions for the notifications.

I am using the latest version of ionic and latest versions of plugins(tried with older version as well.)

I read somewhere iOS cant receive push notification is development, only once its published into beta. Is this true?
Has anyone any idea? Did anyone get this working ever?

This is not true, and I have implemented onesignal in multiple apps. Try generating an ad-hoc provisioning profile and attaching that to your app in your developer portal. That may fix the problem for you.

Thanks for clarifying:
“I read somewhere iOS cant receive push notification is development, only once its published into beta. Is this true?
Has anyone any idea? Did anyone get this working ever?”

Once i have the ad-hoc provisioning file i just double click and it adds to Xcode, right?
Also did you have to specify in PushOptions whether you are in fcmSandbox or not?

I believe so. I’m on windows so can not answer that with certainty.

And, onesignal is a different plugin/system altogether, but I ran into a similar problem where my mobile registered in onesignal as “not having push notification capability” or something like that, until I switched over to using an ad-hoc profile and generating a new pk12.

It’s possible Firebase messaging is different. I use Firebase as a backend, but found onesignal to be much easier to use for notifications.