Phonegap-plugin-push not included in apk file with ionic packakge build

Hi all,

when I build an apk file using the package service the phonegap-plugin-push is not included. I can verify that by opening the apk using an unzip tool.

I am using ionic2 and the dependency for the plugin is defined in config.xml

<plugin name="phonegap-plugin-push">
    <variable name="SENDER_ID" value="XXXXXXXXX"/>
  </plugin>

The only way to get the build service include the plugin is by explicitly using the version “1.8.4” like that:

<plugin name="phonegap-plugin-push" spec="1.8.4">
    <variable name="SENDER_ID" value="XXXXXX"/>
  </plugin>

It doesnt work with any newer Version of the plugin (I tried every version from 1.8.4 to 1.10.4)

Anyone else is experiencing that?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Error in push notification

We are seeing this same behavior, when built locally the apk can be opened and one can see the plug is listed in the cordova_plugins.js file however when the build ionic package build, when the apk is downloaded and checked for the entry in cordova_plugins.js it is not present.

As you have suggested I have rolled the spec back to 1.8.4, executed the ionic package build, downloaded the apk and confirmed that now the plugin is once again present.

I reported that bug to the ionic team and after the last recent update it is fixed.

In the meantime I updated to the last recent ionic cli (3.4.0) and the last recent cordova android platform (using this command: cordova platform update android@6.2.3 --save)

I cant figure out if perhaps one of that itself fixed the problem…

But now phonegap-plugin-push 1.10.4 is included in my apk file.