Override button in footers not working

This link http://ionicframework.com/docs/components/#buttons-headers-footers states that if a button is within a footer it will take on a default style, and to override that you should implement the styles you want. However this doesnt work. If i put a button with the ion-footer and have the following classes, the button does appear any different

My Button

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Do yo mind sharing some code? Kind of hard to figure out what the issue is with out any :smile: A codepen would be even better too.

Here is a codepen for you. Notice that the normal and large buttons show correctly in content. but in a footer the button does not style

Well thats to be expected, the button needs to be able to fit in the footer without messing with its size. This is normal behavior

I have the same issue. I need to have a large button inside my footer.

Any suggestion how to do it?

Do you have any kind of solution to have a large button at the bottom of your screen?
This is really crucial issue for my project that I need to solve with ionic.

Could you please suggest something a codepen example would be nice to see.

In the end i got round this by just using a div element and changing the bottom of my ion-view to be the size of the new bottom div. Example below uses height of 69px for new footer bar to fit button-large elements

example:
ion-view - add bottom = 69px

new div for footer
.myPage .footer-bar {
position: absolute;
bottom: 0;
width:100%;
height: 69px;
}

Could you please add some codepen example? I would be more than thankful.

Yep, it works for me.

Thank you very much. I’ve to learn css more deeper :blush: