OnChange Event with input

Hi,
I’m stuck on a functionality, I have to execute a function while the user press the keys inside a input. I have tried ‘ng-change’, ‘onChange’ and others without success. I also tried use $watch, but that just work on the first entry…

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried

(ionChange)=“changeFunction()”/>

Or, with inputs, the correct action might be

(ionInput)=“changeFunction($event)”/>

I can’t recall exactly at the moment, but I believe option # 2 should do the trick

Thanks to answer but none worked for me…
So, Is this supposed to work on v1 code? Because it seems like ionic/ng 2 syntax…

You know, I didn’t even notice you had posted under v1. Sorry about that one.

It should work. Can you paste your code or do you have a codepen?

<div class="col" >
      <div class="row">
        <div class="list search-box">
          <div class="item item-input-inset">
            <select ng-model="filtro.selected" ng-change="setGrupo()" ng-options="grupo.DESCRICAO for grupo in listaGrupos"
              class="xl-filtro item button button-positive icon-right icon ion-android-arrow-dropdown" style="min-width: 155px; margin-right: 5px;" >
            </select>

<select ng-model="filtro.selected" ng-change="setGrupo()" ng-options="grupo.DESCRICAO for grupo in listaGrupos"
              class="sm-filtro item button button-positive icon-right icon ion-android-arrow-dropdown" style="max-width: 85px; margin-right: 5px; font-size: 10px;" >
            </select>

<label class="item item-input-wrapper">
              **<input type="text" ng-model="search" (ionInput)="getValue($event)" placeholder="Buscar Produto {{filtro.text}}"/>**
            </label>
            <button class="btn-limpar button button-assertive" ng-disabled="!search" ng-click="setGrupo(); search = ''">
              Limpar
            </button>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>

however in the highlighted input the function isn’t working… getValue function has just a console.log to test proposes!

Just to be clear I’m using Ionic V1 in this project

Thanks in advance

It may be because of (ionInput) attribute.
I did this on codepen and it works.

1 Like

Thanks! I fixed it a couple of minutes ago! But its was exactly what you said!

Thank you for help me!