Not getting an apk after build

hello, i am trying to debug a simple app, i used the following commands

ionic cordova platform add android
ionic cordova build android

i get the following after the build command:

Android Studio project detected
ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\java\jdk-10.0.2
(node:11980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: CordovaError: Requirements check failed for JDK 1.8 or greater
    at C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\lib\check_reqs.js:370:19
    at _fulfilled (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:854:54)
    at self.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:883:30)
    at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:816:13)
    at C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44
    at runSingle (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
    at flush (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
(node:11980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:11980) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

i do get a (platform/android) directory, but there is no apk file inside it, believe me, i checked !
what should i do now, can i somehow reboot ionic?

i have android home installed with all the updates, and java jdk

ionic info:

Gathering environment info - done!

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)  : 4.0.6 (C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
   Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2
   @ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.10

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0
   Cordova Platforms     : android 7.0.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1
   NodeJS            : v8.11.3 (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
   npm               : 6.3.0
   OS                : Windows 10

Environment:

ANDROID_HOME : C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

What is your ionic info output?
What is the complete output of your build command? The error message you posted is not an actual error message.

1 Like

ionic info:

Gathering environment info - done!

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)  : 4.0.6 (C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
   Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2
   @ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.10

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0
   Cordova Platforms     : android 7.0.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1
   NodeJS            : v8.11.3 (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
   npm               : 6.3.0
   OS                : Windows 10

Environment:

ANDROID_HOME : C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

this is what shows up after build command:

Android Studio project detected
ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\h2001\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\java\jdk-10.0.2
(node:11980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: CordovaError: Requirements check failed for JDK 1.8 or greater
    at C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\lib\check_reqs.js:370:19
    at _fulfilled (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:854:54)
    at self.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:883:30)
    at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:816:13)
    at C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44
    at runSingle (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
    at flush (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:131:7)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
(node:11980) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:11980) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

UPDATE, as sujan12 suggested, the problem had to do with android inability to work with java10 so i downgraded to java8, however, this time i got the following error:

File C:\Users\h2001\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded.
Checking the license for package Android SDK Platform 26 in C:\Users\h2001\AppDa         ta\Local\Android\Sdk\licenses
Warning: License for package Android SDK Platform 26 not accepted.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':CordovaLib'.
> You have not accepted the license agreements of the following SDK components:
  [Android SDK Platform 26].
  Before building your project, you need to accept the license agreements and co         mplete the installation of the missing components using the Android Studio SDK M         anager.
  Alternatively, to learn how to transfer the license agreements from one workst         ation to another, go to http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug          option to get more log output.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 14m 59s
(node:10380) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: cmd: Command failed with e         xit code 1 Error output:

* What went wrong:
  Before building your project, you need to accept the license agreements and co         mplete the installation of the missing components using the Android Studio SDK M         anager.
  Alternatively, to learn how to transfer the license agreements from one workst         ation to another, go to http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug          option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED in 14m 59s
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cor         dova\node_modules\cordova-common\src\superspawn.js:169:23)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)
(node:10380) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This          error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch          block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejectio         n id: 1)
(node:10380) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are depr         ecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate th         e Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

This is you actual error. You have to install JDK 1.8, the “or newer” is not really true. You seem to have JDK 10.

1 Like

i’ll try it and get back to u, thanks for the help
just to get this straight, i have a newer version of jdk and i need to go back and install an older version (1.8)?

Exactly, that used to work for man y other people before so it is definitely worth a try.

i downloaded java8, this definitely made a difference, howerver, i got the following error that says i havn’t accepted license agreement with cordova! any chance u know what this is about?

File C:\Users\h2001\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded.
Checking the license for package Android SDK Platform 26 in C:\Users\h2001\AppDa         ta\Local\Android\Sdk\licenses
Warning: License for package Android SDK Platform 26 not accepted.

* What went wrong:

* Try:

BUILD FAILED in 14m 59s
(node:10380) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: cmd: Command failed with e         xit code 1 Error output:

* What went wrong:

* Try:

BUILD FAILED in 14m 59s
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\Users\h2001\Desktop\myApp\platforms\android\cor         dova\node_modules\cordova-common\src\superspawn.js:169:23)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)
(node:10380) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This          error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch          block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejectio         n id: 1)
(node:10380) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are depr         ecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate th         e Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Open Android Studio, go to the SDK Manager and accept the licence agreements.

1 Like