Navigate from Popovers or ActionSheets while keeping the tabs

I have a popover that I want to use in navigation without removing the tabs.

I’ve tried adding a config attribute like tabsHideOnSubPages: false but still, I get navigated to the page without the tabs.

I’ve tried using this.app.getActiveNav().push(PageName) once any of the popover links are clicked, the tabs are kept. The problem is that the page is added to the stack of the current page, and when I navigate away from this page using tabs, then navigate back, I’m only seeing the page that was last pushed using the popover, while I want to see the root page of the tab, so I have to click another time in order to see the root page of the selected tab.

This feature/workaround/fix is needed because I want to push pages to the stack, using the popover, while keeping the tabs. I also want to customize the tabs, by adding an <ion-tab> with a title of “More” which when clicked will display an ActionSheet, and clicking on any of the ActionSheet items should navigate in a similar way to the tabs; keeping the tabs in place.

ionic info

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.4.0
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.4
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.17
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.7
Ionic App Scripts Version: 0.0.47
ios-deploy version: 1.9.0
ios-sim version: 5.0.11
Node Version: v6.9.1
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2 Build version 8C38

I think if I can navigate in a way that simulates the [root] of the <ion-tab>s, this could be fixed. And tabsHideOnSubPages: false is expected to enable such a way of navigation. Any help?