Modifying Cordova Plugin

I have been racking my brain to try and figure out how you fork a cordova plugin and modify it’s Android code side with code completion.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

I mean if the plugin is hosted publicly on Github you fork it. Then you have it in your repo and you could clone it on your machine and do the changes. Once done you could send a pull request. Also worth to notice, I guess, when you install a plugin you could also install one from your local system, like

ionic cordova plugin add /User/me/directy-of-my-plugin

Sorry yeah i know that bit. I should have been much more detailed in what I meant.

I was trying to work out once it’s forked and pulled locally what the best way to make changes to the plugin were using code completion for both Android and Java.

I actually figured it out and will try and come up with a write up for anyone struggling. I had a hell of a time figuring it out.

Maybe I misunderstood so no need to be sorry, I’m happy we cleared that out and I’ve to say I would be interested by your write up as I never clearly found a solution for that too. Don’t hesitate to ping me when you publish your post :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @reedrichards here’s the post How To Modify Native Code (Android) In An Existing Cordova Plugin.

It’s not perfect but it’s certainly more then I had when trying to solve this issue haha.Would love to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like