Landscape only displays half the pages on iOS 8

I added the following configuration in config.xml to force the view in landscape orientation :

<preference name="orientation" value="landscape"/>  

I get the app to lock in landscape mode. However on iOS 8, only half the pages show up (please see attached screen capture).

• After experiencing this problem with my app I was able to recreate it
    with the blank ionic starter app.
  • I’m not experiencing this issue with a plain cordova project created
    using the “cordova create” command.
  • I have not made any other changes to the starter app
  • The index.html contains the following meta tag:
    meta name=“viewport” content=“initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no, width=device-width”
  • I’m not seeing this problem on android.
  • If deployed on a phone (not emulator), rotating the device 90 degrees locks the view into landscape mode as expected.

Am I missing any other settings I need to configure to make this work on iOS? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

In case anyone else is running into this problem, the only way I was able to resolve it was to remove the “orientation” preference from the config.xml and use the plugin mentioned here:

Thanks @Gajotres !

Issue with iPad app in Landscape mode

You’re welcome you mysterious stranger :smile:

Similar problem… just in iOS 8.1 and 8.2… this suggestion above sort of helped solve the issue (same as screen shot above), however the keyboard is “sideways” now… any thoughts?

I have not seen that one. I know I mentioned this above but for the plugin to work I had to remove the device orientation preference from the Cordova config.xml. I would double check for that and other possible settings that may conflict with the orientation (including settings in Xcode). Just a thought…

This happens consistently in iOS 8.1 and 8.2 only. I’ve tried every possible variation (at least, that I can see). Removing the orientation from the config, different settings in Xcode. The issue stems from the app being portrait mode on phone and landscape on iPad.

Hi there, I still got the same issue: I added cordova plugins, I also tried without landscape preference into config file but it never worked.
Does anyone got any extra details to avoid this issue on iPad?
Thanks,

Hi,

Did anyone ever make any progress on this?

I posted a similar problem here and really eager to find a solution.

Thanks