Keyboard Close Pulls Everything Down

When I tap a field, the keyboard comes up, and pushes the content up so everything remains in view. This is okay for my use-case and I think I’m having a hard time finding my issue is because everyone wishes the keyboard would not push content up.

My question differs in that I press a button to submit a form, it triggers a state change. Before the change happens though, the keyboard is closing and it pulls my entire view down. It’s kind of tough to catch in a screenshot but you can see there is brown color above space above the nav bar. I very much want to avoid this joltiness when the keyboard closes!

Oh, sorry for the weird image, it’s a picture of my finger I took to test. Hahaha, idk.
cli packages: (/Users/patricksullivan/apps/last-looks/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-plugin-cordova       : 1.6.1
@ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.4.1
@ionic/cli-utils                : 1.7.0
ionic (Ionic CLI)               : 3.7.0

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 6.5.0 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.7
Cordova Platforms  : ios 4.1.1
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.2.0

System:

Node       : v8.2.1
OS         : macOS Sierra
Xcode      : Xcode 8.3.3 Build version 8E3004b 
ios-deploy : 1.9.1 
npm        : 5.3.0 

ionic-plugin-keyboard 2.2.1 “Keyboard”

I have seen the solutions that call the native keyboard object and disableScroll. That works for disabling scroll but that’s not really want I want to do. I have some forms at the bottom, and if there is no scroll the keyboard will cover up the inputs.

What’s the best solution here? Should I enable and disable scroll based on on the form? Scroll my own content manually with css animations when I need to (forms have inputs at bottom of screen)?