Issues with IonTextarea

Hey guys,

I’m having issues with IonTextarea in my Ionic + Vue app. When I use it without a wrapper, it seems that the textarea expands beyond its limits. Everything below it isn’t clickable (like a submit button) and when I do click, I focus on the textarea.

<template>
  // The label-placement appears to cause the problem
  <IonTextarea label="Description" label-placement="floating"></IonTextarea>
  // This button can't be clicked, because the textarea appears to lay on top of it
  <IonButton color="primary" expand="block" v-on:click="handleSubmit">Submit</IonButton>
</template>

The issue appears to be caused by the label-placement attribute. Stacked and floating lead to this unwanted behavior. If I omit the attribute, everything works fine.

I found a solution to this problem, but it causes another one:

<template>
  // This causes --padding-start and --pading-end to not work anymore for the textarea
  <IonItem>
    <IonTextarea label="Description" label-placement="floating"></IonTextarea>
  <IonItem>
  // This button can be clicked
  <IonButton color="primary" expand="block" v-on:click="handleSubmit">Submit</IonButton>
</template>

For some reason when I wrap the textarea in an IonItem, padding-start and padding-end are not being applied anymore (which I especially notice because I apply a background-color).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Would anyone know if this is a bug that I should open an issue for? Or is it really obvious that I’m doing something wrong?