Issues with browser DevTools, unwanted right-click

I am relatively new to hybrid/moobile development, and am currently building an Ionic/angular2 hybrid mobile app. I have used the in browser devtools just fine until now.

When I am using the mobile device testing screen, the browser registers a right-click whenever I click/press and hold in the app view. It only happens when I click and hold within the device testing viewport, not outside of the device view anywhere else in the browser.

Because of this I thought it might be an issue in the app code, but the right-click menu that appears is the one from my computer as if I right-clicked on an image in the browser, not what would be a secondary tap on a mobile device. It happens in both the updated firefox and chrome devtools, and I cannot find any setting for it. I have a macbook pro and have adjusted all of my trackpad/mouse settings to no avail. I also have no fancy press functions enabled in my app except the addon ionic-long-press.

This is greatly hindering my testing as I have a press and hold feature in my app, yet I cannot test it because when the right click is registered, my app screen fails to record an onPressUp event.

<button ion-button ion-long-press
                (onPressStart)="startMeter()"
                (onPressEnd)="stopMeter()"
                id="meterBtn"
                style="height:100%">
        </button>

Thanks!