Issue with Reading OBD-II Data from ELM327 Dongles in Ionic Application

Hello Ionic Community,

I’m encountering an issue with reading OBD-II data from certain ELM327 Dongles within my Ionic5 application. Despite following the established procedures for OBD-II communication, I’m unable to retrieve data from some of the dongles.

• When attempting to read OBD-II data using ELM327 Dongles, the application fails to retrieve data from certain devices.
  • I have verified that the dongles support the OBD-II standard and are compatible with the required protocols.
  • The issue persists across multiple devices and platforms (Android and iOS).

Certainly! Here’s a suggestion for how you could raise your issue in the Ionic forum:

Title: Issue with Reading OBD-II Data from ELM327 Dongles in Ionic Application

Description:

Hello Ionic Community,

I’m encountering an issue with reading OBD-II data from certain ELM327 Dongles within my Ionic application. Despite following the established procedures for OBD-II communication, I’m unable to retrieve data from some of the dongles.

Problem Statement:

• When attempting to read OBD-II data using ELM327 Dongles, the application fails to retrieve data from certain devices.
  • I have verified that the dongles support the OBD-II standard and are compatible with the required protocols.
  • The issue persists across multiple devices and platforms (Android and iOS).

Steps Taken:

1. Tested with different ELM327 Dongles to confirm the issue is not specific to a particular device.
  2. Implemented OBD-II communication following documented procedures and best practices.
  3. Checked compatibility and verified dongles support required protocols (ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230-4, ISO 15765-4).
  4. Examined error logs and debug information but unable to identify the root cause.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or assistance from the community to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. If anyone has successfully implemented OBD-II communication in an Ionic application or encountered similar challenges, your guidance would be invaluable.

Does ionic support to read the OBD-II data using ELM327 Dongles?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Best regards,
Manikanta.