Issue building an older project with Firebase

Hey all - trying to rebuild this project but keep hitting a snag. Not sure what it is. I’m not the original developer - when I run “ionic cordova build android” i reach this point (below). I’m not sure what to do to rectify it. I’ve noticed a few posts around the web saying firebase/google services could cause the issue with some suggestions, but I haven’t been able to get it running properly with them. I AM using Firebase in this and hoping to avoid a complete rebuild. Any help would be great, step-by-step would be ideal! My Ionic Info for the project is

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)  : 4.10.3 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic)
   Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2
   @ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.4

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.1.2 (cordova-lib@8.1.1)
   Cordova Platforms     : android 6.3.0, ios 4.5.4
   Cordova Plugins       : cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.1.1, (and 22 other plugins)
The Task.leftShift(Closure) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use Task.doLast(Action) instead.
	at build_cszc8vrrrw5jn35pl9aby66gx.run(/Project/platforms/android/build.gradle:145)
The JavaCompile.setDependencyCacheDir() method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 4.0.
Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.
The TaskInputs.source(Object) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 4.0. Please use TaskInputs.file(Object).skipWhenEmpty() instead.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project 'android'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':_debugApkCopy'.
   > Could not find any version that matches com.google.android.gms:strict-version-matcher-plugin:11.2.+.
     Versions that do not match:
     Searched in the following locations:
         .... bunch of files listed ....
     Required by:
         project : > com.google.gms:google-services:4.2.0

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 4.292 secs
Project/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.