Is possible to upload - -prod apk on google play ? - -release command generated me unsigned apk :(

First of all I want to ask about is possible to upload the apk with using only --prod (without --release) ?

Because if I use --release, the generated apk is unsigned and as I found on some websites this unsigned apk

I need helps to upload my apk file on google play and how can I generate signed apk ?

I follow the steps in this page
https://ionicframework.com/docs/v1/guide/publishing.html

But I don’t know how can I run these commands

keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk alias_name

zipalign -v 4 HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk HelloWorld.apk

Hello,
what you need is the correct path to your tools. For example on windows in command prompt with jdk1.8…

“C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\keytool.exe” -genkey -v -keystore yourwhatever-key.jks -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 -alias youranotherwhatever-alias

for jardesigner:
“C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\jarsigner.exe” -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore yourwhatever-key.jks android-release-unsigned.apk youranotherwhatever-alias

for zipalign:
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\26.0.0\zipalign.exe -v 4 android-release-unsigned.apk yourwhateverbestappevernamed.apk

Or you include the paths to paths variable to use it without path.

Best regards, anna-liebt

1 Like

Signing / Certificates is essential step for publishing of your App in Google/Apple stores. Ionic framework just provides guidance while you need to have relevant SDKs (Google’s and Apple’s) to actually use those commands and request certs.

So ideally you would want to check with publishing guides from each platform.

1 Like