Is it better to use Firebase or my own backend for hybrid Ionic app?

I am creating hybrid Ionic application with Ionic-Vue and have Laravel as my backend.
At this point for my journey I am starting to wonder if I should switch completely to something like Firebase or Back4App etc. I already integrated Firebase in my backend for FCM, push notifications. I wanted to use Firebase also for social logins because there are limitation where it comes to social login plugins on Ionic side. And once I thought of that it made me think that maybe it is better to fully use Firebase and it’s features than go with my own backend.
Another thing is that it would already be hosted for me and I wouldn’t have to worry about that as well.

Since I’ve never used services like this and it is a big change I wanted to hear others opinion of this and maybe your experiences?

Maybe I think it is a good choice now but down the round in long term maybe it is better to have control over this yourself fully, these are just things popping into my head and I really don’t know what to do?

I am fine with refactoring project if needed for better solution and performances.

Thanks in advance for your advices!

Dusan