The app I’m building is reliant on using an iframe with a form.
The issue I am having is only occurring on iOS currently (was occurring on iOS10 too before upgrading to iOS11).
Unfortunately, the input detection is pretty erratic when tapping on the inputs in the forms, with the following symptoms:
- On tap the inputs sometimes do not focus
- If focussed tapping outside of the input does not close the keyboard
- Scrolling behavior whilst focussed prevents you from scrolling further
The main issue I have is that there doesn’t seem to be any clear pattern, so it’s hard to detect how to resolve it.
I have tried the following to resolve the issue to no avail:
- Used the WkWebView plugin - reverted back to UI since the WK plugin didn’t resolve this issue and created new ones
- Disabled inputBlurring, scrollAssist, autoFocus in the config
- Called keyboard.close() if the user taps outside the area - this created weird behavior on web Safari, whereby the keyboard would consistently re-appear if you tapped the screen
If it helps here’s my current setup:
@ionic/cli-utils : 1.9.2 ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2 global packages: Cordova CLI : 7.0.1 local packages: @ionic/app-scripts : 2.0.2 Cordova Platforms : android 6.2.3 browser 4.1.0 ios 4.4.0 Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.5.3 System: ios-deploy : 1.9.1 Node : v6.11.2 npm : 5.4.1 OS : macOS Sierra Xcode : Xcode 9.0 Build version 9A235
Any help is greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: I have finally been able to get WKWebView working. I had to remove the ios-longpress-fix plugin which was preventing buttons and links from working unless I used two taps.
The iframe inputs are focusing correctly now - the only issue is removing focus whenever the user taps out of a focussed iframe input. Any help on that would be much appreciated.