IonicNative File writeExistingFile not working?

When I use the method File.writeExistingFile once, it creates a file and writes the content in it. When using it the next time it throws an error: code 12, “PATH_EXISTS_ERR” instead of appending to the file. Am I missing something here? Thanks a lot and have a great holiday!

import { File } from 'ionic-native';
declare var cordova: any;

here is the method:

storeEntry(entry: string): void {
        File.writeExistingFile(cordova.file.externalApplicationStorageDirectory, "test.txt", entry).then(_ => console.log("written to file")).catch(err => console.log(err));
      }

I found some work-around that I want to share with you:
the method first tries to write to the file with the writeOption {append:true}. If it fails because there is no file yet, it will try again without append:true.
If you’ve got a better solution, I am happy for any input.

File.writeFile(cordova.file.externalApplicationStorageDirectory, "test.txt", entry, {append: true}).then(_ => console.log("written to file")).catch(err => {
  console.log("error in first try: ",err);
  File.writeFile(cordova.file.externalApplicationStorageDirectory, "test.txt", entry).then(_ => console.log("2nd try file created")).catch(err => console.log("2nd try failed ", err));
});

Thanks for sharing.
Had the same problem and used your solution.
I ended up, by first creating the file

const localFolder: string = cordova.file.dataDirectory;    
File.createFile(localFolder,'test.txt', true)
          .then((fileEntry) => {
              // call to File.WriteFile....

Not any better, but maybe somewhat easier to read.

It gives me success on this WriteFile API and when I open the file of test.pdf after this function success it gives me error of Invalid Format.

Any who can help me out in this
Here is my code

this.file.writeFile(cordova.file.externalDataDirectory,"Test.pdf","Hello World",true).then(succ=>{
      console.log("File write success : ", succ)
    },
    err=>{
      console.log(" write File error : ", err)
    })

in the succes response you have nativeUrl parameter this is the file location the you can use with the nativeUrl and FileOpener plugin to open this file
Example:

this.file.writeFile(cordova.file.externalDataDirectory,"Test.pdf","Hello World",true).then(succ=>{
    console.log("File write success : ", succ)

this.fileOpener.open(
      succ.nativeURL,
      'application/pdf'//file mimeType
    ).then((success) => {
      console.log('success open file: ', success);
    }, (err) => {
      console.log('error open file', err);
    });
},
err=>{
  console.log(" write File error : ", err)
});

It is giving me success on FIleOpener but when tries to open that file it gives error “Filename.pdf” Invalid Format

I also tried to open that file manually through going into the directory of device but it also gives the same error.

It means WriteFile is not generating a valid format .pdf file.

But it is working fine with .docx and .txt extension.

@avishai_peretz_dev

So you may try to save file as pdf but the file are not pdf file

YES Files are saving as “.pdf” but I when open them it gives me error that Invalid Format

try to transfer the file from your source to your mobile with usb cable and then try to open the file

You have to sanitize it, because angular blocks it in case of XSS-Risks

transform(url: string) {
    return this.sanitizer.bypassSecurityTrustUrl(url)
  }