Ionic Pro: 'ionic' does not appear to be a git repository

@jaydz Ok, so I’m sorry I can’t mark it as solution, I will delete my “chat” posts so that everyone can see the solution faster. Thanks,

if you’d like. Without the chat there’d be no solution…quite a conundrum

Try with this:

1. ionic login

2. Clone your project. Command: git clone git@git.ionicjs.com:user/project.git
  3. Edit the file ionic.config.json, and delete the line “app_id”: “xxxxxx”. Remember the id.
  4. ionic link --pro-id xxxxxx. xxxxx is the previous id.
  5. git add *

6. git commit -m "your comments"

7. git push ionic master

thanks very much tusharaga; this is work for me.

when i did git push git@git.ionicjs.com:my_ionic_pro_id/my_app_name.git i get

fatal: Invalid Ionic app repository. user_name/my_app_name.git
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

ionic pro is not a GIT repository, when you you link Ionic, what you doing is telling Ionic how to access you GIT repo from your GIT provider

That’s not true. Ionic Pro IS a git repository that you add as an additional remote to your local checkout. No direct connection to your other Git provider at all. You just move code from your normal remote to the ionic remote if you push to Ionic Pro.

thanks for clarification, my main point is that you have to have your own Repository and shouldn’t think of Ionic’s as a repository you use normally

Although this is an old post and after reading through most of the replies none of the solutions seemed viable and hence, it looks like this issue was never resolved.

Anyways, this error usually occurs due to an absence of a repository called “ionic” in your list of valid git repos. The solution is to create a remote called ionic using the steps you will get under the new app you would have created on your dashboard after you login to your ionic pro account. You can do this as follows:

1. Login to your ionic pro account
  2. Create a new app,
  3. Open the app you created,
  4. Go to the settings tab and click the git option on right menu
  5. follow the instruction to add the repo, at this point you can name the remote “ionic” if you so wish
    EXAMPLE:
git remote add ionic git@git.ionicjs.com:account_name/app_name.git

Thank,thats worked for me

This (and any) of the proposed solutions worked for me. It is really frustrating to start studying such a nice technology that presents me such major configuration issue like that.

This type of thing should be “just follow that tutorial” solved. Sorry about my words, but the frustration is hard to deal.

I still get:
$ git push ionic master
Enter passphrase for key ‘C:\Users\username.ssh\ionic\107069’:
fatal: Invalid Ionic app repository. username/project.git

$ git remote -v
ionic git@git.ionicjs.com:username/project.git (fetch)
ionic git@git.ionicjs.com:username/project.git (push)
origin https://github.com/username/project.git (fetch)
origin https://github.com/username/project.git (push)

I hope someone can still help. I can not wait until being able to finally play with Ionic.

@rogeraleite
I had the same problem as you described and did all actions recommended in this thread to no avail.
I realized that the source of the problem was the name of the project that contained an “_”. Once renamed, the project worked flawlessly. Just wished this would have been cough at project creation.

2 Likes

It seems like to me that there’s some issue with git.ionicjs. I spent a number of days trying to push directly to it but I kept getting the same issue as mentioned:

fatal: Invalid Ionic app repository. username/project.git

So I decided what the heck, I’ll just use Github even though Microsoft has bought them out now. :pensive:

For my workaround, connect your Github account and your repo through the account area (Dashboard > Settings > Git) and then push to it using git push -u origin master. Your build should then show up in your account.

I’ve given up on git.ionicjs for the moment. Something is seriously wrong with it I think.

Don’t use dots or underscores in your ionic pro repository name.

1 Like