Ionic Pro building for iOS

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to build for iOS on Ionic Pro??

This is a small excerpt but cannot get past it…

e[31m[x] duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_CDVLogger ine[0m
> CDVLogger.o
> libCordova.a(CDVLogger.o)

e[31m[x] duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_CDVLogger ine[0m
> CDVLogger.o

e[31m[x] ld: 2 duplicate symbols for architecture armv7e[0m

e[31m[x] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)e[0m

e[33m>e[0m e[39;1mLinkinge[0m Vuelio\

e[31m[x] duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_CDVLogger ine[0m
> CDVLogger.o

e[31m[x] duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_CDVLogger ine[0m
> CDVLogger.o

e[31m[x] ld: 2 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64e[0m

e[31m[x] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)e[0m

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Ld /Users/ionic/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Vuelio_Mobile-efcygnegsjxdmugliojxthocrzjq/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Vuelio\ Mobile/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Vuelio\ Mobile.build/Release-iphoneos/Vuelio\ Mobile.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Vuelio\ Mobile normal armv7
Ld /Users/ionic/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Vuelio_Mobile-efcygnegsjxdmugliojxthocrzjq/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Vuelio\ Mobile/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Vuelio\ Mobile.build/Release-iphoneos/Vuelio\ Mobile.build/Objects-normal/arm64/Vuelio\ Mobile normal arm64
(2 failures)
[17:06:30]: e[31mExit status: 65e[0m

+-------------+-------------------------+
|           e[32me[33mBuild environmente[0m           |
| xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app |
| gym_version | 2.46.1                  |
| sdk         | iPhoneOS10.3.sdk        |

[17:06:30]: ▸ e[35mduplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_CDVLogger in:e[0m
[17:06:30]: ▸ e[35m    /Users/ionic/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Vuelio_Mobile-efcygnegsjxdmugliojxthocrzjq/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Vuelio Mobile/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Vuelio Mobile.build/Release-iphoneos/Vuelio Mobile.build/Objects-normal/arm64/CDVLogger.oe[0m
[17:06:30]: ▸ e[35m    /Users/ionic/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Vuelio_Mobile-efcygnegsjxdmugliojxthocrzjq/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Vuelio Mobile/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/libCordova.a(CDVLogger.o)e[0m
[17:06:30]: ▸ e[35mld: 2 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64e[0m
[17:06:30]: ▸ e[35mclang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)e[0m
[17:06:30]: 
[17:06:30]: e[31m⬆️  Check out the few lines of raw `xcodebuild` output above for potential hints on how to solve this errore[0m
[17:06:30]: e[33m📋  For the complete and more detailed error log, check the full log at:e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[33m📋  /Users/ionic/Library/Logs/gym/Vuelio Mobile-Vuelio Mobile.loge[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mLooks like fastlane ran into a build/archive error with your projecte[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mIt's hard to tell what's causing the error, so we wrote some guides on howe[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mto troubleshoot build and signing issues: https://docs.fastlane.tools/codesigning/getting-started/e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mBefore submitting an issue on GitHub, please follow the guide above and makee[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31msure your project is set up correctly.e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mfastlane uses `xcodebuild` commands to generate your binary, you can see thee[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mthe full commands printed out in yellow in the above log.e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[31mMake sure to inspect the output above, as usually you'll find more error information theree[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m---------------------------e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m--- Step: shell command ---e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m---------------------------e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m-----------------------------e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m--- Step: delete_keychain ---e[0m
[17:06:30]: e[32m-----------------------------e[0m
[17:06:30]: Error building the application - see the log above

Yes, from what I read from other users many can build for iOS.

Ionic Pro is a hosted and closed source service, so there is not much we, the community, can help you with. You can contact support at http://ionicframework.com/support#support

I have same problem. 10 days again same build worked but today no. Same error in ios

Disagree the community cannot help. Most other issues I’ve encountered with this service have been helped DIRECTLY by the community.

Surely someone out there has hit this wall…?

I think this is a certificate issue - no idea what tho

What is your ionic info output?

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.9.2
ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 7.0.1

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 2.1.4
Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3 ios 4.4.0
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.6.1

System:

Node : v8.1.3
npm  : 5.3.0
OS   : Windows 10

ionic cordova plugin list?

Something seems to be duplicated in your product if I understood the error message correclty:

cordova-plugin-inappbrowser 1.7.1 "InAppBrowser"
cordova-plugin-keyboard 1.1.5 "Keyboard"
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 4.0.3 "Splashscreen"
cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.2.2 "StatusBar"
cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine 1.1.3 "Cordova WKWebView Engine"
cordova-sqlite-storage 2.0.4 "Cordova sqlite storage plugin"

I would seriously love that to be the case :slight_smile:

couod it be an issue of using an intermediate certificate? I’ve built for iOS on Ionic pro, but with dev/prod p12.

Perhaps of course.

I’m leaning more towards two different plugins importing the same library and that being a problem - as when I tried to do it locally on my Mac I have a similar error message.

The next thing to try is a completely blank project and see how I get on. Frustrating as the Android version builds brilliantly.

The moment Apple has better PWA support I’m jumping ship off the app store.

I have same problem but it strange because the same commit built correctly in 10 days ago and today not

You both have contacted support, right? (Just making sure…)

No. Gonna start with a blank app and upload and see if it’s a local problem.

Probably not till tomorrow now as I don’t have any time for it today.

how to contact support ?

Not to split hairs but there’s no where on your link to ask questions without coming back to this forum.

Choose one of these:

(Probably option #2 or #3)

I’ve submitted a question - if I hear back I’ll post to this forum.

Thanks