Ionic Keyboard Information Update

@meatloaf4 Hoping you could help me out with this…

So I visit the current docs so I can use Keyboard in my project. I do some fishing around see the Ionic native plugin is deprecated, and then I find your post here.

I’m obviously not keen on using Ionic’s deprecated ionic-plugin-keyboard plugin. Their own github page recommends using cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard, yet this isn’t compatible with @ionic-native/keyboard. I don’t understand why they’ve deprecated their plugin without even adding support for the one they’re switching to :confused:

If I try to use @ionic-native/keyboard with cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard I get:

console.warn: Native: tried calling Keyboard.show, but the Keyboard plugin is not installed. 
console.warn: Install the Keyboard plugin: 'ionic cordova plugin add ionic-plugin-keyboard' 

How do I use the cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard without @ionic-native/keyboard? Have I got to go through these hoops just to access the darn keyboard?

I’m new to Ionic, Angular, and Cordova… and these issues are stupidly hard to keep on top of.

Thanks for any help!