Ionic Crash Course -utube 3/27/14 - ios emulator not working

Help!
Ive been following this tutorial but Im getting this kind of message:
No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator

Then the iPhone simulator displays, and chrome dev tools will not open to inspect code for this simulator, so it’s useless. The iPhone simulator only displays the phone window but not the iPhone surrounding the window.

The command line is giving me:

Building project : /Users/marklovett/myApp/platforms/ios/myApp.xcodeproj
Configuration : Debug
Platform : emulator
2015-03-29 22:20:18.700 xcodebuild[4125:3e03] DVTAssertions: Warning in /SourceCache/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-6760/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKRemoteDeviceDataListener.m:79
Details: Running against an old version of MobileDevice; some interaction with proxied devices may be unavailable.
Object: <DTDKRemoteDeviceDataListener: 0x7fdbd2db7a20>
Method: -listenerThreadImplementation
Thread: <NSThread: 0x7fdbd2b79a20>{name = (null), num = 2}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

AND

No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator
2015-03-29 22:40:00.084 ios-sim[4775:507] stderrPath: /Users/marklovett/myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
2015-03-29 22:40:00.085 ios-sim[4775:507] stdoutPath: /Users/marklovett/myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log

Im running OSX 10.95 on Macbook Pro. I also have Xcode 6.2 installed and would love to get that working but cant get it to work with this tutorial.

Also, Im not convinced that my gulp sass is compiling properly. I changed the variable color in the ionic.app.scss for the nav bar but cant get the change to register.

I sure would love to get the iPhone simulator and gulp sass working so I coud start building my apps! Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks much,
Mark

Has there been any update to this error?