My working project stopped and stuck at copy finieshed in…
Finally after trying everything i thought its better to create a blank new project and transplant my 52 pages,components,directives [ its a big project] to this new project.
I am in the middle of this, now i have started getting this error
Execution failed for task ‘:app:transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForDebug’.
I am on IONIC 3 , below is
ionic info of the project
cli packages: (C:\Users\jessica\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules) @ionic/cli-utils : 1.19.2 ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.20.0 global packages: cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0 local packages: @ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.9 Cordova Platforms : none Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.9.2 System: Android SDK Tools : 25.2.5 Node : v6.10.3 npm : 6.0.1 OS : Windows 8.1 Environment Variables: ANDROID_HOME : C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk
When this error comes, i follow below 5 steps to correct it
- Remove the platform: ionic cordova platform remove android
- Delete the following folders from your app folder: platforms,plugins & www
- Make sure your dependencies are available by running: npm install
- Add back the platform, this step will recreate the folders deleted in step 2 above: ionic cordova platform add android
- Finally, build your app: ionic cordova build android --prod
After these 5 steps, build is made, but why i have to do this everytime ??