Ionic cordova build android is failing

Hey all! Thanks for taking time and trying to help me out. I really appreciate your effort!

What I am doing:

ionic cordova build android

What I am getting:

• What went wrong:
    Unable to start the daemon process.
    This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.
    For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.
    Please refer to the user guide chapter on the daemon at The Gradle Daemon - Gradle User Guide Version 4.1
    Please read the following process output to find out more:

Fehler: Hauptklasse org.gradle.launcher.daemon.bootstrap.GradleDaemon konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    [ERROR] An error occurred while running subprocess cordova.

cordova run android exited with exit code 1.

Re-running this command with the --verbose flag may provide more information.

Unfortunately the links provided in the above output have not been able to help me any further. Running the command with the suggested flags does not print any more information. Is there any sense to running the “cordova build andriod” command without the “ionic” prefix and appending the suggested flags?

Running gradle build in the platforms/android directory finishes with success. I am new to Ionic and I dont know how much this is worth :wink: Can you help me running my android on a simulated android device?

I got android studio installed and I know of the gradle setting, but I do not know my way around them. In my mind I only need android studio to drag the android folder in and get the simulated device running by pressing run app. Is this assumption correct?

I really am thankful for any kind of help and am looking forward to learning the build chain ionic uses