Ionic charts problem

hi guys,
i try to create circle charts with ionic but when i load page console say:

ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): Error: “doughnut” is not a registered controller.
Error: “doughnut” is not a registered controller.
at Registry._get (chart.esm.js:4918)
at Registry.getController (chart.esm.js:4863)
at Chart.buildOrUpdateControllers (chart.esm.js:5584)
at Chart.update (chart.esm.js:5628)
at new Chart (chart.esm.js:5395)
at DashBoardPage.doughnutChartMethod (dash-board.page.ts:69)
at DashBoardPage.ngAfterViewInit (dash-board.page.ts:34)
at callHook (core.js:2526)
at callHooks (core.js:2495)
at executeInitAndCheckHooks (core.js:2446)
at resolvePromise (zone.js:1255)
at resolvePromise (zone.js:1209)
at zone.js:1321
at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:434)
at Object.onInvokeTask (core.js:28692)
at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:433)
at Zone.runTask (zone.js:205)
at drainMicroTaskQueue (zone.js:620)
at ZoneTask.invokeTask [as invoke] (zone.js:520)
at invokeTask (zone.js:1656)
defaultErrorLogger @ core.js:6479
zone.js:209 Uncaught Error: “doughnut” is not a registered controller.
at Registry._get (chart.esm.js:4918)
at Registry.getController (chart.esm.js:4863)
at Chart.buildOrUpdateControllers (chart.esm.js:5584)
at Chart.update (chart.esm.js:5628)
at chart.esm.js:5385
at Chart._doResize (helpers.segment.js:40)
at Chart._resize (chart.esm.js:5463)
at Chart.resize (chart.esm.js:5442)
at listener (chart.esm.js:5940)
at chart.esm.js:3179

All the errors in this stack trace appear to be coming from whatever chart library it is that you’re using. I don’t see anything Ionic-related in here. I would try searching the documentation for that chart library, or related questions on some other generic help exchange like Stack Overflow.

I have already tried to ask in the other site, the problem is that ionic does not install the components correctly. for example if i put the google charts, ionic does not install folders and consequently when i go to implement the codes it tells me that some parts are missing. i also tried to uninstall and reinstall ionic, cordova and node.js but when i try to uninstall them they go into error and are not removed.

This conversation is harder because I don’t know what your chart library is called, so I’m going to just call it “chartlet” for now. Ionic doesn’t “install” any of chartlet’s components. You do, using your package manager (typically npm, although some people use yarn).

What folders are you talking about? Again, Ionic isn’t directly involved in any other third-party libraries you may be using.

This sounds like you have a broken node installation. My advice is to completely and thoroughly uninstall everything node-related on your box, and then install either nvm if you run a Unix-esque OS (including Linux or MacOS) or nvm-windows if you run Windows. Let those manage your node installations instead of whatever you are doing now.

1 Like