Ionic build ios **export failed** error: exportArchive: Found no compatible export methds

When I run:

ionic build ios

the archive succeeds but the export fails.

Here are the error messages:

error: exportArchive: Found no compatible export methods for: DVTFilePath:0x7f9d3dc41d20:’/Users/PATH/platforms/ios/PROJECTNAME.xcarchive’

Error Domain=IDEFoundationErrorDomain Code=1 “Found no compatible export methods for: DVTFilePath:0x7f9d3dc41d20:’/Users/PATH/platforms/ios/PROJECTNAME.xcarchive’” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Found no compatible export methods for: DVTFilePath:0x7f9d3dc41d20:’/Users/PATH/platforms/ios/PROJECTNAME.xcarchive’}

Error: Error code 70 for command: xcodebuild with args: -exportArchive,-archivePath,fasTask.xcarchive,-exportOptionsPlist,/Users/PATH/platforms/ios/exportOptions.plist,-exportPath,/Users/PATH/platforms/ios/build/device

I tried uninstalling Xcode and re-installing. The first build after re-installation gives me a successful build. Any builds after the first build give me the same error message as before.

Also if I run:

npm uninstall -g ionic cordova

and delete everything in the platform folder, then run:

install -g ionic cordova

then the first build succeeds but any build after it fails.

Running:

ionic serve

works fine everytime.

Details:

• Xcode 7.3.1
  • ionic 2.1.14
  • cordova 6.4.0
  • cordova-ios 4.3.1
  • ios-deploy 1.9.0

Plugins

• cordova-camera-plugin (i tried disabling, same error)

Thanks!

Are you getting any Ruby warnings? I was just troubleshooting a different issue and noticed a warning:

Non-system Ruby in use. This may cause packaging to fail.
If you use RVM, please run `rvm use system`.
If you use chruby, please run `chruby system`.

Executing rvm use system made the build process work again.

Did you solved this issues i am still facing this one

in my case, this command work great and produce for me an IPA

ionic cordova build --prod --device ios

if you want you could use these commands in seperate:

ionic build
    cordova build --prod --device ios

just dont use “–release” attr because it will fail when signing. And of course you must have an build.json in Root project which contain your developer account info.

Whta about the ionic.config.json file then? Just Keep both? Can you share an example of an valid build.json file an explain please what value goes where? Thank you very much!