Ionic Build Android error 339

Hello,

I’m trying to build a sample project tutorial for ios and android to test but running into the following error while trying to build the android platform:

Running command: /Users/Prasuna/IonicSampleApp-master/platforms/android/cordova/build
module.js:339
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'shelljs’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:337:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:287:25)
at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
at require (module.js:385:17)
at Object. (/Users/Prasuna/IonicSampleApp-master/platforms/android/cordova/lib/build.js:22:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:442:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:311:12)
at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: /Users/Prasuna/IonicSampleApp-master/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 1
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: /Users/Prasuna/IonicSampleApp-master/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:818:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

I downloaded the Android Studio which should have installed the recent Android SDK but that didn’t work.
I tried doing ‘npm install shelljs -g’ as suggested by a forum and that didn’t help either.
I’m not sure what else I can try to get this working…any help for this newbie would be appreciated!