Ionic blank project fails to build with cordova-android 7

Hey everyone, I’m running ionic start test blank but all of the ionic plugins are giving me errors when I try to add platform android and if I try to run afterwards

Example - Failed to install ‘cordova-plugin-splashscreen’: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘E:\Development\Angular2\Cordova7\cordova7\platforms\android\AndroidManifest.xml’

Has anyone figured out how to get a basic ionic project working with 7 yet? I’m on latest ionic and cordova versions

I found an article saying Ionic pro doesn’t support cordova-android 7 ( https://ionic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015945347-Android-package-build-fails-with-ERROR-Job-failed-exit-status-1-no-other-errors-present-in-log )

Is there any official statement on normal Ionic or is the entire framework now considered “Ionic pro”? For the test project I did say no to pro integration

Ionic Pro is not Ionic.

Please post your ionic info output.
Please also post the complete command and output you are getting.

The issue was caused by another plugin I added to the blank project to test. Something in the plugin makes all subsequent plugins fail in this manner, it looks like maybe it triggers the wrong directory layout in cordova-android 7

1 Like