Ionic and Facebook Integration

We are attemptin to integrate the facebook SDK for analytics into an Ionic/Capacitor app. Obviously, when following the install instructions here`, it is not possible to run the command

ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-facebook-connect --variable APP_ID="123456789" --variable APP_NAME="myApplication"

We have tried installing using NPM, however when running it seems unable to locate the App ID and the App Name on Android, returning these errors:

AAPT: error: resource string/fb_app_id (aka capacitor.android.plugins:string/fb_app_id) not found.

I have tried using the Facebook Capacitor Analyzer plugin found here but that just caused more issues.

Surely someone out there has achieved this integration? Am I missing something? I have declared the App_ID and name in a strings.xml file - but it looks within a seperate AndroidManifest.xml file located inside the capacitor-cordova-android-plugins folder, which is generated when built.

Please help, any advice would be amazing

This is probably a better fit for the Capacitor forum as the question doesn’t seem to be related to a problem with Ionic React, but rather Capacitor in general.

Thanks! Will post it there too