Ionic and Crosswalk: Splash Screen error

Ok, I now installed the InAppBrowser plugin again. Had to remove version 0.5.4 because of a conflict with Crosswalk, but with version 0.6.0 the build error is gone.

Now I see the splash screen for a few seconds, but then again the white screen and the app won’t load… :frowning:

@kolli, it sounds like you are having the same symptoms that I was up until yesterday - perhaps your cause is the same as well…

Apparently the whitelist functionality has been split off into a plugin from Cordova. For many of us, it’s this missing whitelist that’s leading to the white screen / app not loading issue…

Adding the whitelist plugin directly as is described in this thread resolved the white screen issue for me: Crosswalk Integration Beta in Ionic CLI (v1.3.2)

1 Like

YES, that fixed it for me too :smiley:

Thanks a lot for showing me this!
And of course big props to @thebosz for figuring it out!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m having the same issue but can’t solve it while following the solutions mentioned here.
I have the following plugins installed:
cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview 1.5.0 "Crosswalk WebView Engine"
cordova-plugin-inappbrowser 1.2.1-dev "InAppBrowser"
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 3.1.0 "Splashscreen"
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.2.2-dev "Whitelist"
nl.x-services.plugins.insomnia 4.0.1 “Insomnia (prevent screen sleep)”

I removed and added whiltelist, splash, in appbrowser after adding the crosswalk support.

Any ideas?

I’m having the same issue too.
I found many answers, but no lucky.

I found this page, but I’m not sure how to apply xwalk_launch_screen to manifest https://crosswalk-project.org/documentation/manifest/launch_screen.html

Ideas?

i had to put the FadeSplashScreen configuration on my config.xml:
<preference name="FadeSplashScreen" value="false"/>

If it is not there the splash doesn’t work for me.
let me know if it helps.