Ionic 5 & capacitor : Restriction to get IMEI on Android 10

Hello,
i’m develop an app Ionic 5 with Capacitor.
My app needs to identify the devices by users, and for that, i use the Device API to get uuid :

import { Plugins } from '@capacitor/core';
const { Device } = Plugins;

const info = await Device.getInfo();
this.deviceId = info.uuid;

With Android 10 we know that our apps can’t access IMEI numbers of devices running Android 10 :

Starting in Android 10, apps must have the READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE privileged permission in order to access the device's non-resettable identifiers, which include both IMEI and serial number.
Caution: Third-party apps installed from the Google Play Store cannot declare privileged permissions.

My app is a third-party app, so what is the impact of usage of the uuid number used in my application?
Will the above code still work on android 10?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

It’s explained in the Android documentation: Restriction on non-resettable device identifiers.

Yes, I have read the android documentation, but I cannot find a direct reference to the uuid.
Or rather I do not know what exactly corresponds the uuid returned by Capacitor on android.
When I test on an Android 10, it returns a number. But I don’t know what exactly this number corresponds to on Android.
Maybe that sounds as a dumb question but I am not very experienced with this questions, and I find it difficult to make the link between the different terminologies.

Ah, ok. Looking at the Capacitor source, the UUID is the Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID, which I don’t think is affected by the changes in Android 10.0. It’s not one of those “non-resettable” IDs as far as I understand.

Thanks for you reply !

This is wrong, Android 10 has definitely affected.

Hi,
Is there solution to get IMEI number for Android 10 (API level 29) using Capacitor?

Hello, Did you find a solution?