Ionic 4 & Google Maps plugin

hi @wf9a5m75,

I use the latest version of ionic “@ionic/angular”: “4.0.0-beta.17” and “@ionic-native/google-maps”: “^5.0.0-beta.25”.
Since my map doesn’t render on IOS device (white screen) but works in browser.
On Xcode i have this log:

CoreData: annotation:  Failed to load optimized model at path '/var/containers/Bundle/Application/15CAAE3F-E1A4-4F62-8187-1E9D807A32E6/Waygng.app/GoogleMaps.bundle/GMSCacheStorage.momd/StorageWithTileProto.omo'

Can you help me please ?

as same issue faced by me here you need to install RxJS compat package as it is required for Observables in latest version Angular 6

Install using
$ npm install --save rxjs-compat

@ipsjolly i don’t think that’s the issue because with “@ionic/angular”: “4.0.0-beta.11” my map rendered good and i didn’t use rxjs-compat

@wf9a5m75 How to access features like autocomplete which are there in places api in google js using this native-maps ?

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
Google Maps and IONIC V4 don’t work together.

2 Likes

So there will be no native plugin for this in future?
@wf9a5m75

I think not there will be no native plugin for this.
I was expect for this, but no there will.

Many people use ionic-native/google-maps@5.x with cordova-plugin-googlemaps v2.5.0

Ionic sabotages working.

hi can ask you for directions
how to draw polyline between two markers ?
thanks

how to draw polyline between two markers ?
thanks !

ionic4 native google map for android with api key setup. thanks it save my time.

2 Likes

Seems like legit, I’ve been making work around to display my map, even following some solutions on forums, its not yet working. The app was migrated from Ionic 3 to 4. Google Map not displaying but just blank screen. Anyone has better solution on this?

Here is the very basic example of AGM (Angular Google Map) in ionic 4

i follow this step. but i got blank screen in my android device.

please configure android api permission correctly, and also debug with android emulator for more error description. contact me at skype @lokendra_loks

Hai, Sorry to bother you. I already do what you said. and i saw the pop up inside android emulator to insert api key in index.html. I run again with android emulator. and still map page is blank

No issue is with your andoird API key have not enough permission. please configure properly at google api console. most of developer faceing this kind of issue. for correct configuration follow this steps https://ionic.tutorials24x7.com/blog/implement-google-maps-in-ionic-4-for-android

Do you insert this too?

yes it require. fill package name and sha-1 certificate.