IONIC 3 Local notification not working in IOS with FCM

iam doing a project in ionic 3. Here in my project I’m using FCM version 2.9.2 for push notifications. There is no problem in android. In IOS, FCM Backgroundmode notifications is working fine. To handle FCM foreground notification i used the Local Notification plugin
this plugin iam using

ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification@0.8.4

Here is the code to handle local notification when ever i receive FCM foreground notification

declare var cordova;

//Code to handle local notification
cordova.plugins.notification.local.schedule({
    title: 'My Local notification',
    text: 'Notification From Foreground...',
    foreground: true
});

The problem is when ever i receive a FCM notification in foreground, instead of showing a Local notification i am getting an alert with message(Testing fcm notification with alert).

My requirement is to show a local notification when ever i receive a fcm notification in foreground. Is there any way to handle this.

Thanks in advance…

I replied to your message in another topic:

It still doesn’t work 100% so if you figure it our, please let me know

I need the same , when i receive notification in foreground the xcode console typed:
“Application delegate received call to application:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler: but the completion handler was never called.”
any idea ?

So, did you solve this problem? Any updates?

Hi everyone… I’m struggling with this issue from more then month and finally today I’m able to run both fcm and local notification plugin together on IOS.

So here is simple trick which works for me.

ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-fcm-with-dependecy-updated
ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-local-notification

ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-fcm-with-dependency-updated-apns
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification@0.9.0-beta.3

I hop this helps others.

For Ionic 4, you’ll need to:
ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-fcm-with-dependecy-updated
ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-local-notification

ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-fcm-with-dependency-updated-apns
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification@0.9.0-beta.3

And then change the code as this pull request: https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications/pull/1765

It works fine on background and foreground, but when you tap the notification the app crashes because onclick event from local-notification is captured by fcm plugin. I haven’t managed to solve this yet.

Hi !
I have the same issue, tapping on the local notification triggers the FCMPlugin onNotification.
Have you been able to manage this?

Thanks !

Hello is not working this ionic native on iOS, any solution? Thank you